SICIM is proud to announce that it has become a Supporting Member of the KilometroVerdeParma Forestry Consortium.
Since 2015, the Consortium has evolved and expanded to become the great reforestation project it is today: a project for the creation of permanent forests within the province of Parma and a national model of good practice for the care of the territory.
SICIM is aware of the effects of its activities on the landscape-territorial context, on the economic-social development and on the general well-being of the interested communities. For this reason SICIM wishes to promote the environmental and social restitution inherent in the purposes of the Forestry Consortium:
- reduction of fine particles and acoustic pollution
- removal of carbon dioxide from the atmosphere
- improvement of soil and air quality
- re-evaluation of the territory, through the awareness of the community towards the environmental, historical, cultural and landscape heritage of Parma and its province
- creation of new ways of socializing and sharing spaces, respecting nature
The project is part of the SICIM initiatives in the field of sustainability, aimed at spreading and raising awareness on the theme of sustainable development, at facilitating the development of the territory where it operates and at minimizing the environmental impact, taking into account the needs of future generations.
Further information may be found on the project's official website: www.kilometroverdeparma.org