Sicim S.p.A. continuous strive for excellence in the Oil and Gas Industry has recently re-joined international recognition during the last IPLOCA Convention held in Prague.
The IPLOCA 2022 Annual Convention took finally place in the week running from 19th to 23rd of September, after two years of cancellation due to the pandemic, bringing together the top leaders of the pipeline industry worldwide.
IPLOCA promotes its affiliates’ initiatives that improve the health and safety of pipeline industry workers, reduce the impact on the environment or showcase an outstanding project execution in the onshore and offshore pipeline, introducing new technologies. The annual recognition is assigned to the Companies that stand out in their search for excellence in specific areas.
In an unforgettable Awarding Ceremony, Sicim was awarded a total of six (6) prizes for its initiatives developed in the last three years:
- The 2020 Health & Safety Award sponsored by Chevron, for the Flying Washing Basket – runner up
- The 2020 Environmental Award sponsored by Shell, for Oil & Lubricant Saving Distribution System – runner up
- The 2020 Excellence in Project Execution Award sponsored by IPLOCA, for the Sur de Texas Pipeline Project – runner up
- The 2021 New Technologies Award sponsored by BP, for the Airborne and Self-assembly Excavator – runner up
- The 2021 Health & Safety Award sponsored by TC Energy, for the Safe Choker Belt – winner
- The 2022 Health & Safety Award sponsored by TC Energy, for the Personnel Detection Tool – runner up
All the awards were handed over by the respective sponsors to Leonardo Gravina, General Manager of Sicim, confirming the full commitment of the company to continuous improvement in People, Equipment, and Innovation through a sustainable business.